I know most of them have turned to or planning to become a vegetarian because you have been instructed by your doctor or yoga trainer. Today’s busy and trendy lifestyle is making us to compromise on health. Mostly young generations are falling prey to wide range of diseases.
Always believe in the phrase “Prevention is better than Cure”. Than spending ample time and money on those training machines, take a little care on what you eat.
You need not starve or cut down your food intake. Eating right proportions at right time is the main mantra to stay fit. Follow a strict vegetarian diet plan for a healthy living.
- Keeps you charged for the whole day
- Controls your weight
- Abundant in nutrients and vitamins, minerals that are essential for your body
- Calorie controlled diet
- Tasty and delicious
Vegetarian diet chart:
Strictly speaking the term Vegetarian means eating foods only from plant sources. But our vegetarian plan actually contains foods devoid of fish or meat or their derivatives and includes dairy products and eggs. Also includes seeds, raw or dried fruits and nuts.
Go through our typical Vegetarian diet below. Trust me by the end of this article you will be convinced why should you be a vegetarian.
- Take 2 slices of wholemeal toast and top with 1 tablespoon of low fat cheese. To this add 1 grilled tomato and grilled mushrooms. Later have a glass of fruit juice may be mango or banana.
- One cup of baked beans, half cup of grilled mushrooms and half cup of grilled tomatoes on 1 slice of wholemeal toast. Later serve with a bowl of fruit salad.
- 1 cup of Bran flakes, 1 fruit (banana or papaya), with skimmed milk.
- 1 cup soy yogurt and 3 tablespoons of oats, glass fruit juice
- 2 slice wholemeal toast, topped with low fat cheese and 1 poached egg.
- Shredded wheat and banana
- 1 tablespoon raisins, Satsuma with a glass of grape juice
- Prepare banana milkshake by blending 1 banana with 150 ml skimmed fat free milk. Complete with a fruit bowl.
Ensure your lunch menu is full of organic salad and raw vegetables
- Serve 1 cup of mixed vegetable salad and 1 cup of curd.
- 1 cup green vegetables, 1 cup of fruit salad with fresh lemon juice.
- 3 cups of red beans (kidney shaped), chick peas sprinkled with green pepper. Plus 1 bowl fruit salad.
- 2 slice rye bread with avocado. Top with enough fat free cottage cheese.
- Prepare tomato sandwich with tomato sandwich 2 slices bread and 1 tomato. Take with 1 boiled egg. Plus 1 orange fruit bowl.
- 1 fresh lentil soup and 2 oat cakes topped with 2 tablespoon of fat free cheese. Add salad and low fat dressing.
- Exotic low fat vegetable crisps which account for 100 calories
- Pitta with salad
- Fruit salad/ fruit bowl with 1 pot natural yogurt
- Bran flakes with skimmed milk
- Bean dip, salsa with tortilla chips
- Beetroot, fennel served with grilled aubergine dressed with chili, chickpeas, feta and mint. Add lemon risotto to it.
- Have 2 cups of cooked brown rice with Vegetable chilli. Prepare chilli using 1 small onion, red pepper, tomatoes, beans, nuts.
- Egg omelette with salad serves the purpose of your dinner. Make omelette with 2 eggs, milk and 4 tablespoon of grated Cheddar (cheese).
- Prepare Romanian ratatouille, a Lenten recipe and serve with 1 baked potato.
- Roast vegetables like tomatoes, aubergine (brinjal), courgette (summer squash). Continue to roast until they become brown. Sprinkle with green and red pepper. Serve with salad and fat-free dressing.
- Simmer onions in a pan. Add sufficient water, garlic, ginger and other necessary spices of your choice. Stir in fat free yogurt and garnish with coriander. Serve with boiled Basmati rice and dress with salad
Apart from these, also regularly do simple exercises, walking, yoga. Drink loads of water (around 6 – 8 glasses overall) early morning and in between meals. Always monitor your diet plan and change it accordingly so that you don’t feel bore following the same plan.